When you get banned from posting on TripAdvisor.com there basically is no recourse, forum, or contact that allows you to voice your frustration or put forth reasons why you should be allowed to remain online. Because I'm rather dumb when it comes to computers, internet, and technology, I have taken my message beyond TripAdvisor.com and have made my reasons known in others ways.
I regret my not knowing how to report a variety of Hawaiian forum posters for their violations of TripAdvisor.com rules. I tried to figure out how to report people, but I never figured it out. I firmly believe that others on the forum should have been removed long before me.
I accept that I did not follow proper procedure with the forum when I asked for help becoming a better contributor. Now, I'm now paying the price.
Should a person be lynched for a mistake, for voicing opinions, or for not understaing vague guidelines? According to TripAdvisor.com the answer is YES!
However, I'm not the only guilty one. Considering how nasty many of the forum posters become when others post alternative views I would think that there must be many unhappy TripAdvisor.com users.
I have heard from numerous Trip Advisor posters who agree with me, but are fearful of retaliation. After being disabled because of group think and group retaliation by DE's lead by Shea Grimm I certainly understand their concerns.
Why I’m frustrated with TripAdvisor.com:
1. TripAdvisor.com uses Destination Experts (DE’s) and empowers them like employees and should pay them.
2. TripAdvisor.com is concerned with peace and not opinions of others.
3. TripAdvisor.com squelched the voice of a Hawaiian friend when he got online. (He was at our house).
4. TripAdvisor.com looks at only a couple posts and not your body of work in evaluating punishment.
5. TripAdvisor.com tolerates certain groups that attack irregular posters or posters that disagree with the mainstream.
6. TripAdvisor.com resorts to banishing a contributor rather than showing them how to improve their posts.
7. TripAdvisor.com is a hypocrite in that it punishes some while overlooking many posters who are worse.
What actions I’m taking until I’m given my voice back on the forum:
1. I impacted advertising on Tripadvisor.com by more than $70,000 a month while my voice is silenced.
2. I've notified all 50 Attorney Generals with reasons why TripAdvisor.com is treating DE's like interns and should pay them as interns must now be paid.
3. I've notified multiple newspapers of the forum discrepencies on TripAdvisor.com and how a few negatively impact local businesses.
4. I've notified Uber that forum posters on Tripadvisor.com bash Uber while I was the only voice that championed using Uber. Uber is a big advertiser on Tripadvisor.com and aren't being treated right.
5. I've produced fliers for distribution at upcoming events telling small hotel owners how to spend less on TripAdvisor.com and get more results.
6. I've reached out to a few hotel groups and meetings such as PAII on having a presentation on spending less on Tripadvisor.com and garnering bigger results.
There are other actions I've taken for having my voice silenced by TripAdvisor.com and I will continue to impact their sales as long as my voice is silenced from a forum where I feel that I have been unjustly removed.
In my opinion, TripAdvisor.com should welcome a variety of opinions and enforce rules equally.